“Elon Musk is buying Twitter, blah, blah, yaddya yaddya.” I lead with this paragraph in case you think this article has anything to do with that.
For now I’m much more interested in this graphic that he posted on his soon-to-be playtoy…
I don’t care what point he’s trying to make here, especially given he named one of his children “X Æ A-12” and chose to put a car into orbit. For me, this actually highlights two points he may not have intended.
- He clearly believes, like most uber rich probably do, that the world revolves around him. The entire human race is represented by three stick figures on each line and he is one of them.
- More importantly for this web page, these varying depictions of the “left/right” nature of political thought are completely different each time, which to me proves that it is completely arbitrary. If Elon is proclaiming that they have these definitions for these particular years, why can’t we attribute our own?
Which leads me conveniently back to the most important point I want to get across in this blog, and you will see me repeat it in several posts. If you come across FPP and don’t leave it at least knowing that I firmly believe this, then I will have failed.
In my humble opinion, no matter what year it is, the true centre of a line representing political ideology is one that contains people who want a democratically elected government to provide equal opportunities for all of its citizens. As you go to the right, you have people who are supporting increasing amounts of inequality. As you move to the left, you have people who are more interested in fighting/punishing those on the right than actually working to establish/maintain that equality. Any other depiction of what is defined by “left” and “right” is an attempt to distort, usually from the “right” because they represent a minority of people but currently have a lot of power which they use to influence the masses.
THIS is what I’d like to talk about when it comes to Elon Musk, not whether or not he wants to add an edit button,. JLP
The True Centre Podcast 011 – "The Cost Of Living Coalition March" – The True Centre Podcast
- The True Centre Podcast 011 – "The Cost Of Living Coalition March"
- The True Centre Podcast 010 – "Beware The Thirty Odd Percent"
- The True Centre Podcast 009 – US media "forgets" that governing is for everyone
- The True Centre Podcast 008 – Elon Musk helps me define 'true centre'
- The True Centre Podcast 007 – Happy 20th birthday TYT
PS : It seems The Young Turks agree in this video and of course they put their own spin on it which is worth a listen. But sure what do we know, we’re just “woke progressives” right????